The Association promotes the preservation, expansion, good management and presentation of National Parks, and supports nature conservation in Queensland.
The objects for which the Association is established are –
- To preserve the National Parks and other protected areas of Queensland in their natural condition, to the greatest possible extent, and to endeavour to ensure the reservation and preservation of other areas considered to be suitable for protection;
- To foster member and public interest in, enjoyment of, and respect for National Parks and nature conservation;
- To promote the appropriate management of National Parks and other protected areas, and appropriate management of environmental factors which may affect existing and potential National Parks;
- To promote effective legal and environmental protections in respect of National Parks and other protected areas, and to ensure the enforcement of provisions for their protection;
- To promote appropriate and balanced measures for visitors to experience National Parks while conserving and protecting the natural environment.